We aim to ensure that in the course of our business activities we not only minimize our impact on the environment; but also look after the health and safety interests of our employees; in addition to seeking opportunities to improve the local environment and the communities in which we operate.
We believe that such an approach will generate and sustain significant environmental, social and financial benefits, thereby contributing to our objective of long-term sustainability.
- Maintain and continually improve systems to manage our EHS responsibilities, establishing and ensuring employee accountability for our EHS performance at all levels of the organization.
- Conduct our business in compliance with environmental, health and safety laws and with our global standards, and regularly assess the compliance of our operations against these requirements.
- Set clear targets for continual improvement in our EHS performance and monitor these targets to ensure that they are met.
- Strive to prevent pollution and to minimize the environmental costs and impacts of our global operations.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees, contractors and other visitors to our sites.
- Assess and eliminate or control the EHS risks of new and existing operations, and continually assess the environmental performance of our products, seeking ways to contribute positively to their performance.
- Train and motivate our employees to understand their EHS responsibilities and to participate actively in our EHS programmes.
- Work with our supply chain and business partners to improve our collective EHS performance, to protect the ecosystems that provide our raw materials and to minimize the impacts from transportation.
- Communicate with our shareowners, employees, customers and other interested parties by regularly reporting on our EHS performance and maintaining an open dialogue.
- Review and update this policy regularly.